Is there a King still sitting on the Throne of Judah?...
THE QUEEN'S ROYAL DESCENTFROM KING DAVID THE PSALMIST
A. B. Grimaldi: THE possible descent of Queen Victoria from King David was first entered upon in the present day by Rev. F. R A. Glover, M.A. ("England the Remnant of Judah." London, 1861). He did not, however, attempt to give the genealogy link by link, nor enter into the proofs in detail. Since then the whole subject of Her Majesty's Jewish ancestry has been further examined by various students and writers on our Israelitish origin. Mr. J. C. Stephens has compiled a "Genealogical Chart, shewing the Connection between the House of David and the Royal Family of Britain." (Liverpool, 1877.) This gives the descent from Abraham to Zedekiah in full, as found in Matthew. It then gives twelve generations only between Heremon, B.C. 580, and Victoria, A.D. 1819, thus, of course, omitting a great number of links. The descent of our Royal Family from the royal line of Judah is, however, no new discovery. The Saxon kings traced themselves back to Odin, who was traced back to his descent from David, as may be seen in a very ancient MS. in the Herald's College, London; and in Sharon Turner. ("History of the Anglo-Saxons," vol. i.) The full and complete genealogy of Victoria from David does not appear to have been ever printed; and it has, therefore, been thought that it would be useful, as well as interesting, to put it on record, both for reference and testimony. In its compilation reliable works of reference have been used - such as Anderson ("Royal Genealogies." London, 1732). Keating ("History of Ireland." Dublin, 1723), Lavoisne ("Genealogical and Historical Atlas." London, 1814), as well as those mentioned above, and others. Perfect accuracy is hardly to be expected in such an attempt; but it is believed that the genealogy is as correct as our present knowledge of this obscure and intricate subject will permit.
In the following genealogy those who reigned have K prefixed to their names. The dates after private names refer to their birth and death; those after Sovereign's names, to their accession and death. Wherever known, the wives have been mentioned. Besides those mentioned in Genesis, some have been obtained from Polano ("The Talmud." London, 1877). b. and d. stand for born and died.
ADAM To VICTORIA.GENERATIONS.
1. Adam (B.C. 4000-3070), Eve.2. Seth (B.C. 3870-2978).3. Enos (B.C. 3765-2860).4. Cainan (B.C. 3675-2765).5. Mahalaleel (B.C. 3605-2710).6. Jared (B.C. 3540-2578).7. Enoch (B.C. 3378-3013).8. Methuselah (B.C. 3313-2344).9. Lamech (B.C. 3126-2344).10. Noah (B.C. 2944-2006), Naamah,11. Shem (B.C. 2442-2158).12. Arphaxad (B.C. 2342-1904).13. Salah (B.C. 2307-2126).14. Heber (B.C. 2277-2187).15. Peleg (B.C. 2243-2004).16. Reu (B.C. 2213-2026).17. Serug (B.C. 2181-2049).18. Nahor (B.C. 2052-2003).19. Terah (B.C. 2122-2083), Amtheta.20. Abraham (B.C. 1992-1817), Sarah.21. Isaac (R.C. 1896-1716), Rebekah.22. Jacob (B.C. 1837-1690), Leah.23. Judah (b. B.C. 1753), Tamar.24. Hezron.25. Aram26. Aminadab.27. Naashon.28. Salmon.29. Boaz (B.C. 1812), Ruth.30. Obed.31. Jesse.
[KINGS OF ISRAEL.]
32. K. David (B.C. 1085-1015), Bathsheba.33. K. Solomon (B.C. 1033-975), Naamah.34. K. Rehoboam (B.C. b. 1016, d. 958), Maacah.35. K. Abijam (B.C. 958-955).36. K. Asa (BC. 955-914), Azubah.37. K. Jehoshaphat (B.C. 914-889).38. K. Jehoram (B.C. 889-885), Athaliah.39. K. Ahaziah (B.C. 906-884), Zibiah.40. K. Joash (B.C. 885-839), Jehoaddan.41. K. Amaziah (B.C. b. 864, d. 810), Jecholiah.42. K. Uzziah (B.C. b. 826, d. 758), Jerushah.43. K. Jotham (B.C. b. 783, d. 742).44. K. Ahaz (B.C. b. 787, d. 726), Abi.45. K. Hezekiah (B.C. b. 751, d. 698), Hephzibah.46. K. Manasseh (B.C. b. 710, d. 643), Meshullemeth.47. K. Amon (B.C. b. 621, d. 611), Jedidah.48. K. Josiah (B.C. b. 649, d. 610), Hamutah.49. K. Zedekiah (B.C. 578-599).
[KINGS OF IRELAND.]
50. K. Heremon (fl. B.C. 580), Tea Tephi.51. K. Irial Faidh (reigned 10 years).52. K. Eithriall (reigned 20 years).53. Follain.54. K. Tighernmas (reigned 50 years).55. Eanbotha.56. Smiorguil.57. K. Fiachadh Labhriane (reigned 24 years).58. K. Aongus Ollmuchaidh (reigned 21 years).59. Maoin.60. K. Rotheachta (reigned 25 years).61. Dein.62. K. Siorna Saoghalach (reigned 21 years).63. Oholla Olchaoin.64. K. Giallebadh (reigned 9 years).65. K. Aodhain Glas (reigned 20 years).66. K. Simeon Breac (reigned 6 years).67. K. Muireadach Bolgrach (reigned 4 years).68. K. Fiachadh Tolgrach (reigned 7 years).69. K. Duach Laidhrach (reigned 10 years).70. Eochaidh Buaigllcrg.71. K. Ugaine More the Great (reigned 30 years).72. K. Cobhthach Coalbreag (reigned 30 years).73. Meilage.74. K. Jaran Gleofathaeb (reigned 7 years)75. K. Coula Cruaidh Cealgach (reigned 4 years).76. K. Oiliolla Caisfhiachach (reigned 25 years).77. K. Eochaidh Foltleathan (reigned 11 years).78. K. Aongus Tuirmheach Teamharch (reigned 30 years)79. K. Eana Aighneach (reigned 28 years).80. Labhra Suire.81. Blathuchta.82. Easamhuin Eamhua.83. Roighnein Ruadh.84. Finlogha.85. Fian.86. K. Eodchaidh Feidhlioch (reigned 12 years).87. Fineamhuas.88. K. Lughaidh Riadhdearg.89. K. Criombthan Niadhnar (reigned 16 years).90. Fearaidhach Fion Feachtnuigh.91. K. Fiaebadh Fionoluidh (reigned 20 years).92. K. Tuathal Teachtmar (reigned 50 years).93. K. Coun Ceadchatbach (reigned 20 years).94. K. Arb Aonflier (reigned 30 years).95. K. Cormae Usada (reigned 40 years).96. K. Caibre Liffeachair (reigned 27 years).97. K. Fiachadh Sreabthuine (reigned 30 years).98. K. Muireadhach Tireach (reigned 30 years).99. K. Eochaidh Moigmeodhin (reigned 7 years).100. K. Niall of the Nine Hostages.101. Eogan.102. K. Murireadhach.103. Earea.
[KINGS OF ARGYLESHIRE.]
104. K. Feargus More (A.D. 487).105. K. Dongard (d. 457).106. K. Conran (d. 535).107. K. Aidan (d. 604).108. K. Eugene IV. (d. 622).109. K. Donald IV. (d. 650).110. Dongard.111. K. Eugene V. (d. 692).112. Findan.113. K. Eugene VII (d. A.D. 721), Spondan.114. K. Effinus (d. A.D. 761), Fergina.115. K. Achaius (d. A.D. 819), Fergusia.116. K. Alpin (d. A.D. 834).
[SOVEREIGNS OF SCOTLAND.]
117. K. Kenneth II. (d. A.D. 854).118. K. Constantin II. (d. A.D. 874).119. K. Donald VI. (d. A.D. 903).120. K. Malcolm I. (d. A.D. 958).121. K. Kenneth III. (d. A.D. 994).122. K. Malcolm II. (d. A.D. 1033).123. Beatrix m. Thane Albanach.124. K. Duncan I. (d. A.D. 1040).125. K. Malcolm III. Canmore (A.D. 1055-1093), Margaret of England.126. K. David I. (d. A.D. 1153), Maud of Northumberland.127. Prince Henry (d. A.D. 1152), Adama of Surrey.128. Earl David (d. A.D. 1219), Maud of Chester.129. Isobel m. Robert Bruce III.130. Robert Bruce IV. m. Isobel of Gloucester.131. Robert Bruce V. m. Martha of Carriok.132. K. Robert I. Bruce (A.D. 1306-1329), Mary of Burke.133. Margary Bruce m. Walter Stewart III.134. K. Robert II (d. A.D. 1390), Euphemia of Ross (d. A.D. 1376).135. K. Robert Ill. (d. A.D. 1406), Arabella Drummond (d. A.D. 1401)136. K. James I (A.D. 1424-1437), Joan Beaufort.137. K. James II. (d. A.D. 1460), Margaret of Gueldres (d. A.D. 1463).188. K. James III. (d. A.D. 1488), Margaret of Denmark (d. A.D. 1484).139. K. James IV. (d. A.D. 1543), Margaret of England (d. A.D. 1539).140. K. James V. (d. A.D. 1542), Mary of Lorraine (d. A.D. 1560).141. Q. Mary (d. A.D. 1587), Lord Henry Darnley.
[SOVEREIGNS OF GREAT BRITAIN.]
142. K. James VI. and I. (A.D. 1603-1625), Ann of Denmark.143. Princess Elizabeth (1596-1613), K. Frederick of Bohemia.144. Princess Sophia m. Duke Ernest of Brunswick. 145. K. George I. (1698-1727), Sophia Dorothea Zelle (1667- 1726).146. K. George II. (1727-1760), Princess Caroline of Auspach (1683-1737).147. Prince Frederick of Wales (1707-1751), Princess Augusta of Saxe-Gotha.148. K. George III. (1760-1820), Princess Sophia of Mecklenburgh Strelitz (1744-1818).149. Duke Edward of Kent (1767-1820), Princess Victoria of Leiningen.160. Q. Victoria (b. 1819, cr. 1838), Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg.
WE issue this Leaflet to serve the grand and valuable object of supplying a necessary link in proving the Identity of the British Nation with the Lost Ten Tribes of Israel. This we have abundantly proved in the Pamphlet, entitled "Forty-Seven Identifications of the British with Lost Israel," price 6d., to be had of Messrs. S. W. Partridge & Co., and Mr. W. H.. Guest, both of Paternoster Row. But we could not be identical with Israel unless Queen Victoria was in a line with David, it being written - "Ought ye not to know that the Lord God of Israel gave the Kingdom OVER ISRAEL to David FOR EVER; to him, and to his sons, by a covenant of salt?" (2 Chron. 13:5; 21:7). We have always been able to trace David's seed to Queen Tephi, of Ireland, who was the daughter of Zedekiah : but the difficulty has been to supply a chart of the line from Queen Tephi to King Fergus, of Scotland. This we now supply, through the valuable research of the Rev. A. B. GRIMALDI, M.A., and is in itself a matter vital to the very best interests of the British Empire.
BY THE REV. A. B. GRIMALDI, M.A., 1885