COL. GORDON "Jack"
MOHR, AUS RET.
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:
This short paper, IS THERE A SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEM? was written specifically for men in my Prison Ministry. I thought it might be of help to others so I am sending you a copy.
There are no other copies available, but feel free to copy and distribute at will.
Wishing you all Yahweh God's best for the critical days ahead.
I am your brother and servant in the King's business,
[signed] Jack Mohr
COL. GORDON "Jack"
MOHR, AUS RET.
IS THERE A SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEM?
God has promised in His Holy Word to protect men and women who diligently seek Him and are willing to OBEY Him.
"But you, beloved building up your self
on your most Holy Faith, praying in the Holy Spirit. Keep yourself in the
love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal
life. And of some have compassion, making a difference. And others save
with fear, pulling them out of the fire, hating even the garments soiled
by flesh. (Jude 20).
HOW DO YOU BUILD YOURSELF UP IN THE MOST HOLY FAITH?
FIRST OF COURSE, YOU MUST BE SURE YOU ARE SAVED! There are millions of church members today, who while going by the name of Christian, have never experienced the "born again-born from above" experience of John 3:3. Unless they change, they will not even see the kingdom of God" You MUST be certain that your sins have been washed away in the blood of God's Son.
WHAT IS THE SCRIPTURAL PLAN THAT LETS YOU KNOW IF YOU ARE SAVED?
1. - Have you ever ACKNOWLEDGED before God that you are a sinner, and that you are sorry for being disobedient to His Law? This MUST come first. "For ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God," (Romans 3:23). "But God comnmended His love towards us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8). Jesus speaking: "I come not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance," (Mark 2:17).
2 - YOU MUST BELIEVE that God loves you and desires to forgive you: "For God so loved the world, that He gave his Only Begotten
Son, that whosoever believeth in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved", (John 3:16,17). "If my people (Israel), which are called by my name (Christian~, will HUMBLE theinsaelves, and PRAY and SEEK My face, and TURN from their wicked ways: THEN will I HEAR from heaven, and will FORGIVE their sins, and will REAL their land," (2 Chron 7:14~.
3 - CONFESS YOUR SINS AND REPENT! Tell
God from your heart that you are sorry for your rebelliousness and your
disobedience of His Law. Ask Him to forgive you:
"For if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and cleanse us from all unrighteousness," (1 John 1:12). "If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved. For with the heart men believe unto righteousness, but with the mouth, confession is made unto salvation," (Romans 10:9,10).
4 - PRAY - You don't need some "canned prayer", handed to you at a church altar by some evangelist or preacher. Ask the Lord Jesus to forgive you and cleanse your heart through the blood He shed for you. Tell Him you are sorry for disobeying Him. Then believe He died for you and ask Him to become, not only your Savior, but your King. Only do this if you mean it! Salvation is a terrible thing to mess with. Listen to Hebrews 6:4-6 - "For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted of the good Word of God, and of the powers of the world to come. If they fall away, to be renewed unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put Him to shame".
There is no such thing in Christianity as an "I'll try it and see if I like it religion!" You either go "all out for Jesus," or you are "all out of His Kingdom". He said Himself in Matt. 12:3 -"He that is not with Me, is against Me". You can't be for Him, and adhere to the World Order at the same time, for it is a known fact that a man cannot serve two masters
Here area few important ideas from which if followed will greatly enrich your Christian life:
1. - Read a good translation of the Bible. I prefer the poetic language and accuracy of the Authorized King James Bible. There are some opponents that say there are over 20,000 errors in this version, but can't point them out. If you change the word JEW to JUDEAN, and GENTILE to NATION or TRIBES, as it was in the original Hebrew, the KJV has all the elements necessary to live as God pleasing, happy and productive life. The few errors which occur, are such that an honest Bible student will immediately pick them out. One can be found in John 4:22, where Jesus tells the Samaritan woman at Jacob's well - "Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews". You should immediately see the mistake made here, for we know that salvation does not come through any race, or nation, but through the God-Man Christ Jesus. A much older translation states: "For salvation cometh out of Judea", which is true, for Christ was of the tribe of Judah, the House of David. Another is found in Luke 23:43, when He told the thief on the cross, according to the KJV: "Today thou shalt be with me in paradise". We know this could not have been true, since He did not go to be with His Father until forty days later as recorded in Acts 1. Since the original Greek had no punctuation marks, could this verse have originally read; "I say unto you today. Thou shalt be with me in paradise?" It makes more sense, but the very few errors you find, will not effect the truth of it's message. Shun like poison the new modern versions such as GOOD NEWS FOR MODERN MAN; THE NEW ENGLISH BIBLE; and others, which cast doubt or weaken the doct~ine of the Virgin birth. The NEW REVISED STANDARD VERSION sustitutes the words "young woman", for "virgin", in the prophecy of Isaiah 7:14. This makes all the difference in the world, for if someone other than God werc the father of Jesus, He could not have been sinless.
If you want a good version in modern English, I would suggest the Ferrar-Fenton Translation.
2. - Get a good Bible Dictionary such as Unger's. You can learn a lot about the Bible which will help you understand the settings being described. Even more important is a good Concordance, I would suggest Strong's if you are using the KJV, or Young's. These will show you the original meaning of the - English words in Hebrew, Greek or Aramic. Then pray that the Holy Spirit leads you to His truth.
3. - When you read your Bible take it at "face value". God did not have his Book written to confuse His people but to give them- Spiritual knowledge. Take every word at face value as long as it is consistent with the context. Don't try and spiritualize it, unless it is evident it was meant to be read in this manner. Above all, don't try and read it so as to make it consistent with what you want to believe!
4. - Learn the value of fasting regardless of whether there is a crisis in your life or not.
5. - Find other strong Christians to associate with if possible and socialize with them as much as possible.
6. - Never go to places where you might be tempted above your strength, or which would reflect on your Savior. A good question to ask, before you enter is: "What would my Savior think about this place?" Never meet with people, that might seduce you, especially those of the other sex, and if you are married, be doubly careful about this. Never go anywhere that would make your wife uncomfortable or embarrass her.
7. - Stop reading un-Godly books, watching un-Godly movies or TV shows. With all the entertainment available, there is no need for a Christian to go to the movies, and they are thumbing their nose at temptation when they do. Read and watch those things which will strengthen your moral and spiritual life. Unfortunately, this will eliminate some so-called Christian TV shows.
Be careful in watching religious programs not to be led astray by "some wolf dressed in sheep's clothing", posing as God's servant. Remember what you see on TV and read in your daily newspaper is controlled enemy propaganda. Learn to read between the lines and recognize the TRUTH!
Never follow any personality without first checking out his teaching. This includes me! Make sure they confirm to what God's Word teaches, not what men want to hear! Men change, and good men have been known to become TRAITORS. Jesus Christ never changes: "Jesus Christ, the same, yesterday, today, and forever!" (Heb. 18:8) you can depend on this. "And be not carried about (away) with divers (different) doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established (founded) with grace; not with meats (Material things) which have not profited them that have been occupied- therein.
9. - Ask God to reveal to you His purpose in your life. He has a plan for each of us. Mine was to be a WATCHMAN on the walls of Israel America, (Ezekiel 33:1-4). Sometimes I haven't liked it very much, as it gets unpleasant, when people do not want to hear distressful things. But I KNOW it's right for me, because He choose it!
HOWEVER, DON'T WAIT AROUND FOR A VISION. He has already given you "marching orders", when He said: "Occupy until I come!" You can't do this, if you are hiding in a spiritual foxhole, waiting for Him to Rapture you out of the mess caused by your Christian apathy.
Remember one very important thing. You can't profess to be a Christian, then when a guard gives you an order you don't like, spit in his face, or curse him. In one case one of my "boys" threw hot coffee in his face. Such a witness is nothing but hypocrisy, for "What you do, shouts so loud we can't hear what you say!"
10. - In addition fill your home and
automobile with music that magnifies God. This does not include- "religious
rock", which is Satanically inspired, no matter how good the words may
be. Hymns of- praise will help you feel the presence of the Holy Spirit,
while un-Godly music attracts evil spirits.
Return to Jack Mohr's Web Page